Get Ready to Ride!
What shall I wear for the ride?
- Trainers, that you don’t mind getting muddy.
- Sports wear or shorts, basically anything which you find comfortable to ride in. Please dont wear jeans, they will get uncomfortable if they get wet pretty quickly. Baggy jogging bottoms that might get caught in the chain easily so they are not recommended on safety grounds.
- Cold weather, several thin long sleeve tops are great to have if it’s cold weather. You can control how hot/cold you get on the ride by putting on or taking off a layer, these tops can also be stashed in a back pack if not required. If you don’t want to carry the extra tops, the guide will carry them for you on request.
- A light weight waterproof jacket. If its blazing sunshine forecasted all day you don’t need one, if the forecast says chance of rain, or its cold/windy please bring one, our guide will always carry it for you!
We provide helmets, gloves and eye protection, but if you would prefer to use your own items you’re more than welcome, as long as they meet current safety standards and are in good condition.
What should I bring with me?
- A bottle of water, its great to stay hydrated on the trail, although riding an e-bike isn’t super hard work, but you will get thirsty.
- A few sugary snacks like Haribo, or chocolate, anything to make your day sweeter!
- A back pack to hold your items, this can be shared if you’re on a group ride.
- Bring a change of clothes and shoes. You might be on a muddy trail, so a change of clothes is a good idea. we have a changing room that you’re more than welcome to use, and a cardboard box to transport your muddy clothes home in your vehicle.
- Any medication or medical items such as inhalers, epi and insulin pens etc, you potentially may require. Please make your guide aware that you have these items on your person. Our guide is Outdoor First Aid trained and always carries an outdoor based first aid kit
Steve took into consideration our ability and took us on an awesome route. The bikes were easy to use and the sites and views were simply amazing. He is a great guide and obviously knows his stuff. I will definitely book another tour with Steve in the future. Thanks for an awesome experience.